A Bit About This BlogTo understand the purpose of this blog you first have to understand a little bit about HTML. HTML is what makes it possible for you to surf the web on as many devices as you do. HTML5 is type of HTML the is used to display content in a web browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox. HTML5 is the 5th standard HMTL, the first of which was created in 1990. The browser itself must support the language and elements that come along with it. HTML5 does however include some of the basic elements from earlier versions like HTML4 and XHTML. This blog is about its 5th release.
Some changes from older versions:
- CSS3 support
- Offline page viewing
- Offline (local) storage
- Access to mobile and PC device features
- Game development
- Simpler notation elements
A Bit About Me
My name is Aaron Strong and I am recent college grad looking to penetrate the Indie Game Development scene.
Main development tools:
- Construct 2 HTML5 game making tool
- Allegro Sprite Editor (ASE) image editing tool
- PxTone sound arrangement tool
- Bfxr retro sound effect generator
Main development platforms:
Main deployment platforms of interest:
- Web + Mobile Web
- Windows 8 + Windows Phone 8
- Game Portals and others...